Our 15 year partnership with Value Village
Have you seen the green and white Big Brothers Big Sisters trucks driving around your community?
Or dropped off a bag of clothing at a Big Brothers Big Sisters outdoor bin or workplace clothing drive?
These trucks and clothing donation bins exist because of our long-standing partnership with Savers Value Village.
Big Brothers Bigs Sisters of Puget Sound is very grateful for our 15 year partnership with Value Village. Each year, Value Village generates revenue that funds nearly one third of our community based and school-based youth/mentor matches. Over the course of this partnership, Value Village has generated millions of dollars to support thousands of youth mentoring relationships in the community.
Our partnership with Value Village and the donors who make it possible by dropping off their clothing have a massive impact on the deserving young people supported by our programs. Without Savers and these donors, thousands of youth would not have experienced the life changing impact of mentoring. If this partnership did not exist, it would have a negative effect on Big Brothers Big Sisters and the vital work we do to support youth in the Puget Sound region.
We stand together with Value Village and the work they enable us to do in the community. The revenue we earn from our partnership is a significant part of our budget and without it we would need to cut back the number of youth and families we serve. This partnership has made a difference in the lives of thousands of people each year.
We need your help:
As an individual you can:
- Donate clothing at any indoor or outdoor donation bin (find a bin near you here)
- Donate clothing and books at Issaquah or Burien Value Village locations
- Spread the word by sharing this post and this info with people in your life
As a company you can:
- Host an outdoor clothing donation bin (sign up here)
- Host an indoor clothing donation bin or drive at your office(s) (sign up here)
- Clothing retailers and manufacturers can schedule pickups of unsold finished garments (Email us!)
- Spread the word by sharing this blog and our social media posts with your networks